Some Great Sites About Millinery
Australian Millinery Organisations
A not-for-profit organisation committed to generating public awareness of millinery and encouraging the wearing of hats. If you are a milliner based in Melbourne, consider becoming a member of the MAA and taking advantage of their promotional work.
A volunteer organisation run by members located primarily within NSW's Riverina district. Provides millinery workshops for regional milliners, organises and supports other associated events (parades, community education, pop-up shops, fashions on the field) to milliners in regional Australia, and in doing so, stimulates creative discussion, skill and network development.
International Millinery Forum
Regional Australia's premier event for the fashion and millinery industry. Every second year, Wagga Wagga, in regional NSW, plays host to one of the world's leading international millinery education and networking events, the International Millinery Forum.
- a not-for-profit arts and cultural development organisation working in the 5 NSW government areas of Bourke, Coonamble, Cobar, Walgett and Warren.
General millinery sites
- dedicated to the art of millinery
- with links to suppliers, trade fairs, publications and hat shops
Golden Glen Cottage Creations
- general site on events
The Hat Site
- lots of listings of manufacturers, designers, suppliers in the USA
- special occasion but no hat to wear? Hire a hat !!
- lightweight polystyrene hat blocks
- online millinery classes and courses
Pick from a huge assortment of quality designer fabrics.
Also, if you cannot thread a needle and/or need better eyesight without using glasses, visit www.eyerobics.com.au